Monday, October 6, 2008

Thank you list to God ...#2

Here is my second installment of my thank you list to God.

11) THANK YOU for showing me love. I took my cousin's engagement photos this past weekend. Stacie and Brad have so much love for each other and as I was taking them I couldn't help but think how cool it is when God creates each of us for a purpose. Along with that He creates our soul mate...the one who we are meant to be with in order to fulfill that purpose. While the love that we have for another human pales in comparision to the love God has for each of us, it's still nice to be truly loved here on earth too. Stacie and Brad sure have that for each other. I'll post my favs of that shoot tomorrow.

12) THANK YOU for Alli. She turned 16 yesterday. My 1st baby is growing up (they all three are but for some reason she seems to be growing up faster). Couldn't help but think about when she was little and all these funny memories flooded me all day. At the end of the day, after my brother and his family called her to say happy birthday, she looked at me, smiled and said "what a great day....365 days and I get to do it again". We all went out to dinner in honor of Alli's birthday and her boyfriend Alex got to meet her dad. Been a long time coming and it was so uneventful I think she was surprised. Not sure if she thought the world was going to explode when they shook hands or what, but it didn't (in case you hadn't noticed...:o). All is well in Alli-land.

13) THANK YOU for second chances. Ok.....second, third....millionth chances. Without knowing God "has my back" I'm just not sure how I'd ever get through the day. It feels so good to know that my sins are forgiven and washed away. I am a new creature in Christ Jesus and for that I am soooooo thankful.

14) THANK YOU for....Wade. My best friend and the person who has loved me when I didn't deserve it, stuck by me when he should have walked away and makes me laugh so hard I cry and cry so hard all I can do is laugh. In the last two years we have been through more than most couples do in 10 years. Best part is we've got it all (I hope) out of the way so when the rest of the world is struggling in their relationships, we can smile and say "Uh...been there done that, got over it". It's been a long road but I honestly would not want to go through all of this with anyone else. Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks sing a song that goes something like this..."No way over it, no way around it. If we want it we have to go through it....love will always win". That's us, Wader. Thanks, God, for my BFF Wade....without You, our relationship would never work....with You, we are a mighty force to be reckoned with!

15) THANK YOU for Funyuns. Seriously. I ate them for breakfast three times in the last week. I have a serious problem, but admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. :)

See below pictures of Alli on her birthday and some of her friends before her bonfire party Saturday night. I would have gotten many more if every time I got out my camera she didn't give me the EVIL EYE. Enjoy!

JC is my BFF!!!!!

Alex, Alli and Alli's dad...can you tell how much she loves to have her picture taken?

Alli and Alex

Taylor, Alli, Carli and Hannah...only one happy about this is Hannah!

Alli and her crazy hat....she'll kill me if she knows I posted this one so if you see her...SHHHHH.

Stephy, Alli and Katie before the bonfire. Like Alli's walls? She did that paint job all on her own.

No comments: