Monday, September 29, 2008

Two quick, funny things....

First, my daughter Carli....She is 8....and a half. Can't forget the half. This weekend while in Muscatine for my oldest daughters soccer game, we were driving around looking for the fields. Mostly because I know me and at 7 a.m. I won't be awake enough to try to find fields so I am better off finding them the night before then going half asleep in the morning with a little clue of where I am headed. That and I won't sleep all night if I didn't actually see them before I went to bed. I have neurotic tendencies. Anyway....I digress....

Wherever we are, we always find a good radio station to listen to...preferably christian rock. We found one and as we were driving the announcer guy is talking and he says something about salvation and Jesus' sacrifice. He then says this "When they nailed Jesus to that tree...." Carli says to all of us in a very commanding voice, "IT WAS A CROSS, NOT A TREE. Where did they get this joker?" Dead silence in the car for a full 3 seconds. Then Alli and I just busted. Once I explained what he meant, she was like...."Geez. Why didn't he just say that?? What a joker." The poor guy was just not gonna catch a break with her! Out of the mouths of babes.... :)

Earlier Saturday I was hired to take actions shots of a little boy (6 or 7 years old). Soccer is clearly not something he really cares too much about at this age so the pictures have turned out pretty cute regardless. Just saw this one....I LOVE IT. He had fallen and bonked his knee. He wasn't too hurt and got up pretty quickly but in this photo I think it looks like he is praying. Maybe something like this...."Hey God. Please help me be a good kid, play better soccer...oh...and that we have good treats after the game. Thanks big guy." :) If you have any better suggestions on what he might have been praying, let me know!!!

JC is my BFF....


2 comments:

lynnmosher said...

I had to laugh at this. I have a granddaughter who just turned 7. She talks just like that. Aren't they a hoot? Love it! And I love your pictures and your blog. I cannot, for the life of me, place sockrma18. I know I've bumped into you somewhere. But where? And how honored and overwhelmed I am to see my blog listed on yours. Am listing yours on my exchange. Blessings to you!

Gwenn M. said...

Becki,
You know I love your photos, but when are you going to post a picture of you?!!! I want to know what one of my favorite co-bloggers looks like!
Gwenn