Monday, February 23, 2009

I know a man.....

I know a man. A smart man.

After a recent meeting, smart man and his co-worker went to lunch. During their time together, the co-worker's wife called.

"Man, she just calls me to chit chat about nothing," said the co-worker while shaking his head.

"That right there is the second most important phone call you will ever get," said smart man. "The first being the call from God. The second? The call from your wife."

Smart man went on to explain how all the hard work co-worker is putting into his career will be nothing if he doesn't put his wife before his job. She will be gone and he will have missed out on the best things in life for the wrong reasons.

This conversation really happened. There are men out there who GET what it means to be a man.

Being a man doesn't mean you work really hard and assume that just providing for her makes her happy. It means having your priorities straight: 1) God 2) wife 3) children 4) job.

Being a man doesn't mean being tough and bossy and controlling. It means seeking her wisdom and asking her opinion then making decisions based on God's guidance. He seeks God then his wife then God again.

Being a man doesn't mean she walks behind him. It means she walks beside him. A man treats his girl....like a girl. Opens the door for her, tells her he loves her, protects her and guides her. He speaks softly to her. He sees her as his friend, not his enemy. He cherishes her just as she cherishes him.

Ya see....I know a man. A smart man. His name is Mark and he's my smart man.

I've learned more from just being around him than I have in all my years alive. Maybe it's because I'm finally ready to learn what God's true plan is for a man and a woman. Maybe it's because I'm finally letting go of all the bad men from my past. Maybe I'm ready to love and respect and be led according to God's will. Lots of maybes but one thing I know for certain.

My man is one smart man.

"In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God."
~ 1 Corinthians 11:11-12

JC is my BFF....

1 comment:

Travis said...

You make some great points.
Men derive a tremendous amount of their self esteem by their work and in knowing that they are providing for their family. It's a vital part of their make-up, and one of the essential ways he demonstrates his love for his family. However, when a man begins deriving all of his identity from that job, then his focus will be on himself and not on his family. It's a tricky balance.
Great post!