Monday, February 16, 2009

Can it be?

Can life be truly happy and fulfilling? Can it be that we can function on a daily basis while looking forward and planning for the future?

I'm a down looker. At least I used to be. Meaning I don't see much farther ahead of me than just a few feet. Looking down at my feet to be sure I don't stumble (literally - 'cuz I'm sorta clutsy like that) and then I only have to deal with today and the immediate future. It's so hard for me to see what and where I want to be in 5 years let alone next month. Setting goals and making a plan would mean I'd be putting myself out there for the possibility of failure.

And how silly is that.

Really. It's just such silly thinking on my part. Just getting through life trying to survive on a daily basis (looking down at my feet) has been fine for me. Until now. It's time to look up. See where I want to be. Risk making a mistake. Learn from it and keep moving forward. It's time to look up. Make a plan and GO FOR IT.

I can tell you with 150% certainty that I am NOT the same person I was just two and a half short years ago. Why, you ask? Because God got ahold of me, that's why. God took me by the hand and led me through the thick yuckiness of my past. He showed me what to shake, what to hold on to, what to rethink and what to erase. Because of that walk through the yuckiness, I am nothing that I used to be.

I've been given a new life, a new chance, a new opportunity to make a difference. What kind of fool would not take that opportunity and act on it? I was asked yesterday where I want to be in 5 years.....I had NO clue. So my goal (yes....I have a goal!) is to figure that out. Dream ahead a little bit. Work it out. Seek God's guidance.

I know a few things already. I want to be better than I am today. I want to give of myself to those around me, investing and working out God's will. I want to be somehow using my camera to do that. I WANT TO KEEP MY HEART ON THE RIGHT PATH....

Pretty good start, I'd say. Can it be? Me.....with a goal??? :0)

"There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. Listen, my son, and be wise, and keep your heart on the right path." ~ Proverbs 23:18-19

JC is my BFF!

3 comments:

Frisbies Forever said...

This is who you have ALWAYS been. You just forgot. Now you are re-learning and showing you who He created you to be and all the possibilities. You will be amazed at how beautiful our world is. It was created just for you. Every insight will be uniquely yours, as you learn to see things with an eye of faith. Don't pay attention to those in your life who would bring you down. They seek not for Him, so they will not understand. Remember who you are and when the nay sayers come and they will... because that's what they do.... You plant your feet firmly and remember who you are. There will be many who try incrementally to deter you off your chosen path. I wish I had known you better in HS too! I will be EVER grateful we get to know eachother now and support each other in Him!!

POG sorority sister said...

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

Two sets of footprints or one, He is always with you. Your path has been laid out before you & no matter what He is with you. When the fork in the road comes, just sit down & ask. You will receive the correct answer as he already knows the outcome. There is nothing to fear. Congrats on taking the first few steps on the path!

Billy Coffey said...

What a powerful post!

It isn't often in life that we get a do-over, and I think that's exactly what God's given you. Good to see you so excited.