Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's what I'm thankful for....

With Turkey Day being tomorrow and all, I figured it was time to dust off my two Thank You God Lists (here and here) and add a few more to it. In going back and reading them....its been a long few months. So...without further delay....

16) Thank you, God, for reminding me that it is You that is in charge. No matter how hard I try, I cannot change Your plan for me. And in the end....Your plan is always better anyway.

17) Thank you for the roof over our head, the car that gets us all over the place, the warm in the winter and the cool in the summer, the clothes on our backs and the food that keeps our tummys full. Your provision, IN ALL THINGS, is more than enough. Thank you.

18) Thank you for my family. And my girls. And my friends. All of them are a gift and I work hard everyday to remember that life is short and I should not take anyone for granted. I'm still workin' on that one....

19) THANK YOU for your Word. I need to spend more time with it but have found a new and lasting desire to be in Your Word more often and rely on it to guide me.

20) Thank you for grandma's stuffing. And angel food cake. And strawberry pretzel dessert. And turkey. Oh...and GRAVY. You know what? Thank you, God, for my grandma.

and finally....

21) THANK YOU for HOPE. Hope in You. Hope in things to come. Hope in the restoration of my heart and others around me. Hope that comes only from knowing You.

Happy Turkey Day everyone. GOBBLE, GOBBLE.

JC is my BFF...


No comments: