Thursday, November 6, 2008

Praying for our children....

** UPDATE ** See the picture of the pretty little girl praying on the right of my blog? If you click on that it will take you to Angie's blog and you can get the 7x7 prayers. Enjoy!**

I clicked on one of my favorite blogs this morning and what I read was awesome. The blog is "Bring the Rain". For a little background, Angie is the wife of Todd (leader singer in the Christian group Selah). Their family has been through the loss of their youngest baby at birth and Angie has opened her heart to share her experience. She is an excellent writer....who has a direct line to God, I swear. She is AMAZING. Today, she is sharing her plan to pray over her three girls 7 times a day for 7 days. Check it out. It's a wonderful idea. I've also attached a link from someone who commented on her post....it's a calendar for us to use to pray over our kids a difference scripture each day of the month.

I'm new enough to my walk that it is hard for me to find the "right" words to pray with my girls. We do it sometimes...and they really do love it...but I need to be better about it. You know...not allow my insecurities about praying out loud with them stop me from doing it. They learn by example so if I keep my mouth shut, so will they.

So...to all you moms reading this, good luck. We have our work cut out for us in raising good children and now more than ever we need God to do it right.

JC is my BFF!!!

1 comment:

Frisbies Forever said...

I lost one of my boys a few months ago. He died before he was born. It was the most devastating thing I have ever experienced. Yet, it is at the same time, the closest I have ever felt to Him at all times. Not that He isn't there all the time, but it was different. I wish I could explain better, but it was like the heavens grieved along with me and I was still able to see the positives and blessings and fully attest to them as my heart crumbled and then healed.