Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Silver lining....it's there.

I'm not a big fan of Obama. I'm just not. Don't get the "share the wealth" thing and quite frankly he scares me. Not convinced that he isn't the anti-christ either. BUT...he was just elected president and made history. I am proud to be an American....that our country has come so far from slavery and segregation. I am scared for the what next but I will pray for our country's new leaders to get on a knee and ask God for guidance....in all things. He is the same as He was before this election and He is the same today. Got this in an email today and it is right on...."We will move forward as a Nation into the history that God has preordained. These events and all events are only God’s hand at work and we have the privilege to witness it." Amen.

I will always remember where I was when the space shuttle exploded. I will always remember where I was on 9/11. And now....I will always remember where I was when history was made and America elected it's first black president.

On my way to work this morning....had to pull over to take some pictures of the beautiful sunrise. God was showing us all that He has a silver lining. These pictures do not do justice to the beauty this morning.


JC is my BFF....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Your blog is only one of the few I can still read ! So tired of all the bleeding-heart-liberal-pregnant & wearing "mamas for obama" t-shirts(?)women out there!!!

Thankfully, the Lord is in control, and if nothing else the results of the election only bring us a step closer to His return! :)

Sunshine said...

Obama wasn't my ideal candidate either.
But I do hope that he makes some positive changes that help America - my own first priority being to safely bring home soldiers.

I do hope that in a campaign that promised to bring people together, that Obama can bring some more centrist ideas to the table to include a range of American viewpoints and including a respectful dialogue across the aisle.

I'm crossing my fingers for many good things, but in the end, like you said, none of us are ultimately in charge, are we?