Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lemons....NOW WHAT?

Ok....so we made it back from Virginia without any mishaps, injuries, fist fights or hysterical breakdowns. We had an awesome week....time with family that you love so much is always a blessing. I'm pretty sure I was wiping my tears away from the time we left Brad's driveway until we got to West Virginia a few hours later. We all miss them so much. I did get some awesome pictures and I will be sure to share them here soon. One picture I really want to share though is the one below of "Lily Bean"....my two and a half year old niece. She sure is one precious kiddo.

So the title....LEMONS. Right now I have a huge pile of "lemons" in my lap. What's the old saying? "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"? I'd like to but I'm sorta stuck in this chair with the lemons piled up all around me unsure what to do next....my heart aches and it seems to have paralyzed me temporarily. I do know that God is speaking directly to me in many ways these days. I am unsure if what is happening in my life is God's will or the devil's interference, but because I am hearing God very clearly, I believe I now know the truth. Still going to go strong with the business and I have some big plans for other things too. I'm going to read the bible from cover to cover, I'm going to join a women's small group / bible study at my church (finally), I'm going to spend some good quality time with my girls....and I am going to ENJOY sleeping kitty corner in my king size bed -- my dog Buddy is back home now and he takes up so much room (he's only 10 pounds soaking wet!) that I have to sleep sideways...which means I actually missed the screwball!

Two things ran through my head non-stop as I was trying to go to sleep last night. The first..."REJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS". So I did...and I do...and I will. The second...Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." This hurt and lack of understanding why this is happening will all be worked out for good because that is God's promise. Sucks going through it now, but I know (that I know that I know) someday I will be changed...and better....for having gone through it. I know that...I do. I really do. (Can you see I am convincing myself?!?)

Someone please pass the lemon juicer....I got a lotta squeezing to do.

JC is my BFF.

No comments: