Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Like an old friend....


There they are. Like an old friend you ran into after so long being apart and when you start talking it's like no time has passed. That's what my running shoes are to me. It was the middle of March when I last put them on and ran. I was training pretty hard at that time, but needed to stop when I did the 40 day fast with Mark. Thinking I would just pick right up where I left off after the fast....I was wrong. Life happened. Running was not a priority anymore. Dr. Pepper and Zingers moved to the top of the list.

The fat bastard (aka Satan) created Dr. Pepper and Zingers....I'm 99.9% sure of that. Oh, do I love me some DP and Zingers. In fact, I could eat....

I digress....DP and Zingers are another post....back to why I'm here....

Every day I would tell myself...."Tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll get back to it."

Tomorrow has finally come. TODAY.

Tonight I went looking for my running shoes. Grabbed my daughter's IPOD (note to self....time to buy my own). Drove the mile and a half to the trail. Tied my key to my shoe string.

And ran.

Ran until my wind was gone and my legs were shaking. Walked until I could do it again.

I talked to God while on the trail. Just like old times. Another old friend who after some time away you can just pick right up where you left off....without even missing a beat.

I've missed Him....and my running shoes.

But like an old friend, He is there when you need Him. All you gotta do is LOOK.

So now that my run is done, I'm gonna hit the shower then open my Bible and find my old friend again. We have some catching up to do. Well...I do anyway. He knows what I've been up to!

My prayer for you? That you will seek God tonight. Like a long lost friend who knows you and loves you no matter who you are, no matter where you're at on the trail. He will be there....waiting to answer you.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." ~ Matthew 7:7-8


1 comment:

Run For The Pines said...

Aren't God and those running shoes great. They will both change your life and your heart. Keep training!!!!