Wednesday, March 11, 2009

One week update.....

It's been an interesting week. I went from eating whenever I want to one meal a day (and something very small in order to take my medicine in the morning). I get all the water I care to drink....and today is the first day I am ok with water again because, really, you feel like you might drown in all that water you are chugging down just to curb the hunger.

Seriously.

In the last week I have learned a few very intensely personal things that I have shared with only Mark.....out here is too public for some things. Sorry, folks. I've learned that I CAN go without....it's not easy and it's not fun, but it is possible.

God has showed up. So did fat bastard (FB) but God was right there giving me the TRUTH that I was seeking. It's so hard to decipher who is who sometimes. FB has an incredible ability to sound so not like him....soothing, reassuring and if you don't pay attention you can mix it all up. But God's light was shining on the truth and I have what I can call a victory about my thinking in one area of my life. God is also convicting me on something else and He is showing me the right path to travel. I am SO not happy about it, but you can't only follow when it's fun and painless.

Other than that, all is well. Mark is so inspiring to watch as he does his fast. I think the guy has the willpower of....well....I don't know what, but he is so good about his decision. No cheating (that I know of!) and we decided today that we want to do a 24 hour fast once a month. I know! Crazy, right?! We are only 8 days into this 40 day fast and we are already making plans for others. I'm very proud (and lucky!) to have such an awesome guy like Mark in my life. His desire to seek God is very heartwarming and I am learning so much by watching his faithfulness.

JC is my BFF!

"But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering; he speaks to them in their affliction." ~ Job 36:15

5 comments:

Frisbies Forever said...

I don't think that is crazy at all, I fast once or twice a month. I never lose any weight, but I find out where He is leading me and I learn a lot more about myself and especially Him. It is one of the biggest blessings we have in this life to communicate on such a personal level with Him. Satan is very devious, but as you learn to listen and obey it will become very easy to discern between truth and error. It hurts too when we begin to see, but it always becomes clearer and brighter and the growth we obtain is incredible. So, it seems like such a small sacrifice when you review the blessings you receive after a time. Keep in mind, it is all in perspective and the challenges and heartaches we face, in the eternal scheme of things, it will be but a small moment.

Sockrma18 said...

Lorianne:

The reason I started this blog was for me to have a way to "get out" all the STUFF in my head. I honestly believed noone would ever read it or understand even a fraction of my thoughts.

The blessing that has come from it is the learning I get from people like you. Your perspective on things is not so far off from mine but somtimes, by looking at things with a different set of eyes, you can learn so much more than what is right in front of you....see things you missed. Your wisdom is leaps and bounds ahead of mine as you are farther in your walk. THANK YOU for sharing, for letting me bounce stuff off of you and for being a real "woman of God".

It is truly my pleasure to call you friend. And to think we grew up with each other but didn't know how much we had in common until we got "old". :0)

Becki

Billy Coffey said...

I'm glad things are going so well with you, despite the small bumps in the road. That you can say the right path to follow might not be fun or painless but should be followed anyway shows just how much wisdom you're getting.

Travis said...

I, too, am glad that you are doing well. I'm also relieved to hear that you are still taking food and medicine at the same time. I knew a guy who refused to take any food or medicine during a two week fast, and it was not a good thing. He was very sick and almost died...

You are doing great! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to be inspired by your fasting. It's amazing what the Lord can do when we set our minds to accomplish something. Kudos to you!!!