Monday, March 23, 2009

Carli turns 9, thank God for miracles and other random thoughts....

Friday was my baby Carli's 9th birthday. Yep....she is getting old. Her last year of single digits and it's all down hill from there! :0) Seriously, she is growing up too fast, if you ask me. We spent the day hanging out - went to see the movie "Race to Witch Mountain" and went out to dinner to celebrate. But as we were walking out of the theatre, my mom called. My nephew Cameron had been in a serious accident with the garage door and THANK GOD he was only injured and nothing worse happened. My sister-in-law is truly my hero and we are all so thankful God wasn't ready to take Cameron from us. CAMERON CHARLES BARRON -- We love you more than you will EVER know, young man, and don't you EVER slide under that garage door again (said in my sternest aunt voice ever...hee hee)! XOXOX....

It was a huge learning experience for me....I have a better understanding of how my girls deal with worry, real fear and the idea of losing someone very close to them. We talked a lot last night when they came home and I need to keep talking and hugging and working that out with them. Carli internalizes everything and that is just not healthy. Alli and Taylor are pretty good about dealing and talking and understanding the importance of asking questions and seeking answers.....maybe it's because they are a little older, but Carli sure does not. She just wants to stick her head in the sand. Huh. Wonder where she gets THAT?? She is so like her momma.....

Carli in a tree....she is my "boy". Taylor would never be caught dead in clothes that don't match. Even if it's just to go outside and climb a tree! Carli could CARE LESS. :0)
Carli hanging from the tree....

Mark and Carli....I think she is happy to have a climbing buddy. :0)

Other random thoughts:

Ran across this quote today....

"What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.” ~ Eleanor Powell

I. LOVE. IT. Could not think of a better way to explain my spiritual journey and I just had to share.

And a video I just saw....GOOD STUFF right there.



JC is my BFF!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Billy Coffey said...

I love that last picture. Beautiful.

Both of my kids had recent birthdays, and I'm like you--"No more growing up!" I have a funny feeling they won't listen.

Happy to know that your nephew is all right.

Frisbies Forever said...

I am so grateful he is ok! The things you all must have been going through! I can imagine and the RELIEF, oh that had to be monumental. You have such a great family! I can't wait til your next blog post. By the way, my last one was for you! Take notes! tee hee hee