Thursday, July 24, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah...

I can't believe it but I really don't have much to say today. Watch....I'll fill this up. :) Just getting ready for vacation so this is my last day in the office for a week and a half! WHOOO HOOO! I like what I do, don't get me wrong, but it's not where I am supposed to be and I know it. I have the patience of a flea so I am anxious to get my photography business functioning well enough that I can do that full time instead. God says to me regularly...."PATIENCE, my daughter, patience." It's killing me.

My girls and I are heading out on an adventure tomorrow and we are so excited. Virginia here we come! My brother and his family live outside of Richmond so we are driving (18 hours...I KNOW! I'm nuts!) and leaving early tomorrow morning. Wade and his boys are unfortunately not going with....lots of things happening in Wade's life (good stuff!) that is keeping him here to handle (more on that below). We'll be out there a week then they will be following us back so they can visit Caron's family in Minnesota and our family here in Iowa. I cannot wait to see them. My brother is one of my most favorite people in the world....I wish he was my next door neighbor but every time we get together it's like no time has passed and we just saw each other yesterday. I'm also very blessed (and so is he!) to have Caron in our family. She is a wonderful person and T-H-E best mom I've ever met. My kids and their kids are so close in age (except my oldest and his youngest) that they all feel like brothers and sisters instead of cousins. We'll be heading to Virginia Beach for one night so the kids (big and little!) can play in the ocean then up to DC for a day to check out the sites there. Gonna be a lot of fun and I will be sure to post some pics when we get back.

About Wade's happenings...I don't have his permission to share anything so I won't divulge much but he got word last night that his youngest son is going to be living with him. Wade has been so patient in the last two years...waiting patiently on God to bring his son to him. It killed me to watch and I really wanted to take over and MANY times I told Wade to force the issue, but he just wouldn't. He kept saying to me..."It will happen when it is meant to happen." Again, I have the patience of a flea! Thankfully, God instilled patience as one of Wade's strongest assets.

Please pray for Wade and his boys (his oldest already lives with him). Pray that God will reveal Himself to Wade's son and that he will see it is for the best. Also pray for Wade's ex-wife....she is going through some very trying times and as a mom, my heart absolutely breaks for her while at the same time it rejoices for Wade and his son. Please pray for our safe travel...pray for us all to remember how lucky we are to have a family who loves and cares about each other. Pray that we enjoy our time together and that when it's over, we leave with happy hearts instead of heavy hearts....leaving family you love dearly is always the hardest part of getting together. Pray that we come back with a renewed spirit and will have relaxed enough that we can function and not need a vacation from our vacation!

SEE! I filled it up! :0

JC is my BFF!

No comments: