Thursday, August 19, 2010

My God is the God who provides....

Today is a good day. Today is a scary day. Today is THE day.

My husband is on a journey. One of letting go, moving forward, spreading his wings and....FLYING.

Beginning tomorrow, Mark is a 100% commission guy. Selling life insurance and doing investments. Changing lives. It's his calling. His God-given gift to help people with their finances. I've listened to him talk to people and my favorite thing that he says:

"I'll meet you right where you are."

That's powerful and not at all the way the rest of the world works. That's why I believe in him and that's why I adore him.

He's scared today....of letting his "girls" down, of failure, of not doing what's "best" for our family and leaving us in a gap that will be hard to get out of.

I'm scared today....of him not believing in himself enough, of him thinking he will fail (when I know that I know that I know that he won't) and of him losing sight of God's gift to him.

BUT....this is where the rubber meets the road. He CAN do this. He CAN change peoples lives. Getting people on a plan to get out of debt is an amazing thing and I have 100% confidence he will succeed.

Success to me is not him being a major money earner. Even if he only makes $20k a year, I'm ok with that. You know why? Money in our pocket isn't the goal. That's not why God gave him this gift. God gave him the gift of helping others through tough financial times to HELP them. Period.

My husband is a thinker. Thinks too much, if you ask me, but then again, I often times wish I had thought about my next step before taking a flying leap off that 80 story building without a parachute. I'm a jump right in and beg for forgiveness later kind of girl. He is a planner, strategic thinker, think before you speak and know all possible scenarios kind of guy. That's why we work, I guess. Balance.

So today I can't help but think about Hebrews 12:1 ~ "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

I love this verse. In its context it is talking about perseverance and the Christian life. Hebrews 11 lists all kinds of the people before us who have persevered and keep their eye on the end prize. And they did so by walking by FAITH and not by sight. They could not see what God had promised, but they knew He had promised them something so they kept putting one foot in front of the other keeping their eyes on HIM.

In the case of Mark's new journey, I offer this take on Hebrews 12:1....

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses..."
The people of the past who have showed us how to be faithful in times of massive uncertainty...they have lead the way. Follow their lead....

"....let us throw off everything that hinders...." Drop your doubt, concern, fear, uncertainty, anxiety....

"....and the sin that so easily entangles...."
Your unbelief that God is calling you out, paving the way.....HE.IS.HERE. You may not see Him so clearly right now, but I do.

"....and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
Be steadfast in your faith, keep your eyes on Him and believe in the gift He has given YOU.

My God is a God who provides. One who does what He says He is going to do. A God so full of complete and amazing, abundant, overflowing love that He would not lead us astray. His path is straight and narrow. His ways are better than ours and His plan is bigger than we can even imagine.

THE JOY COMES IN THE MORNING, BABE. Let go and let God. I LOVE YOU......MORE!!!

No comments: