Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Jamey & Matt

There are photo shoots and there are photo shoots. Some you love to do, some you do because its money. Some you know the people and some you don't. I love photography. I do. But I love it more when it's not a job.

Every once in a while I get one of those photo shoots that every photographer dreams about. The kind where my subject is happy, easy to shoot and a natural model. Even better....I get a couple that is so in love with each other that the end goal is to merely capture them as they are together. Easier said than done, but last night was a dream.

Meet Jamey and Matt. I mentioned them in a earlier post when I booked their wedding (I was sooo excited I could piddle, remember!?). Last night was their engagement session. We toured downtown Des Moines and captured them then headed to the Capitol grounds for more.

My main goal last night was to capture them the way others see them. We all think of ourselves in a different way than others see us. It's sad, really. We'd have a much happier world if we believed about ourselves what other people believe!

Anyway, back to Jamey and Matt. I think I succeeded in my goal. Here are two people who are too cute for words and love each other with something more than just their hearts. They love each other with their souls. Cheesy, I know, but you will see what I mean.
And my new favorite picture....of ALL TIME.
So thank you, Jamey and Matt. For letting me into your world for just a small time. If you keep laughing, keep looking at each other the way you do now, you will have a very successful, happy marriage. I know it.

Counting down the days until October 16th! Woot Woot!

"Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me." ~ Ruth 1:16-17 (MY wedding vows....forever etched in my heart and may they forever be etched in yours...)

No comments: