Friday, September 3, 2010

Random mishmosh....

Dude.

I'm tired. I'm bored (and I should NOT be - I have enough work to do to keep three people working full time for two weeks!). I'm worn out. I'm exhausted.

My ADD is killin' me.

Lots of crazy, random thoughts running through my head today (and everyday) so this post will be a bit mishmosh (I made up that word. It's all mine. Feel free to use it....or not).

I read a new (to me) blog yesterday and God was talking to me. Yep, me. Read this post....especially if you have children leaving or about to leave for college. It's from Soulfari and my new blog buddy, Jay. I'm tellin' ya. Good stuff. My Alli is a senior this year and I am totally avoiding the "what next" stage I am in right now. I'M.SIMPLY.NOT.READY. 'Cuz, you know, it's allll about me. Anyway, read it. Made me begin to think about how blessed I am to be able to let her go. Sigh.

Tonight is Jack and Lea Ann's wedding rehearsal. I'm excited. Tomorrow is the wedding. I get my hairs did and my face "put on". I'll take a picture to show ya. Should be fun....different, but fun. Looking forward to Jack and Lea Ann's wedding. It's been a long time coming (click here to see their engagement photos)! He proposed at our Christmas Eve Eve services last year. They have been plannin' and stressin' and figurin' it all out. This weekend is the culmination of a lot of hard work, but most importantly, God's plan for each of them finally becoming a reality. Woot.

Yesterday I hit a wall. Not literally (felt like it, though). Lots of little things happening lately making me question my photog dreams and desires. I see now, reflecting back on the day, that it was the fat bastard (aka "little guy downstairs") messin' with my head, making me question my desire, my talent and my skill. I'm so thankful for my hubs. He loved me right through my temper tantrum and even said some nice things to the world on Facebook (without being prompted to do so - what a guy). Seriously. Life stinks when things go wrong, accounting goes bad, doubts surface and I want to throw things pout. But God gave me the greatest man ever and he seriously talked me off the ledge....again.

Today is a new day. The joy really does come in the morning. My God is my victory, He is here and He continues to love on me when I need it the most.

Here's to an awesome weekend of soccer for my baby, safe travels for her, my other sweet baby and their dad's family as they get where they are going, for my oldest baby and her "Meals for the Heartland" shift with her friends tomorrow, for my head to stay "clear" of the fat bastard and his crazy shenanigans and for Jack and Lea Ann. May God bless your marriage in ways you can't even begin to imagine. My advice to you both....never forget your wedding day. Tomorrow is your gift from Him. Don't waste it. Happy marriage guys. Love ya!

And with that I leave you with my all time favorite verse: "I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME!" ~ Philippians 4:13

Peace out, my peeps.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm thankful I was part of your randomness...have a great weekend!