Friday, April 10, 2009

It's a GOOD Friday.....

For the first time in my life I finally GET what today is. I GET what today means. I GET what today does. And it's pretty stinkin' powerful. I realize that most who read this blog are believers and so I am preachin' to the choir here, but boy I gotta say it. Today is a big day! Some may think it's sad. Some may think it's not anything to celebrate. I happen to think it's a GOOD day and a day that most certainly needs remembered, celebrated and rejoiced.

Today is the day Jesus was convicted. Today is the day He was beaten, tortured, bloody and bruised. Today is the day He carried that heavy cross up that hill. Today is the day He "took one for the team". As His hands and feet were nailed to the cross, so too were all my sins. As He hung there dying, He died for me. He could have called every angel in heaven down to release Him.....BUT HE DIDN'T. Instead He finished it. The ultimate sacrifice for the sins of the world.

Something that really stuck with me as I went through Christ Life Solutions, was this:

Every time I chose to go against God or make a choice that is for ME and not for HIM, I put Jesus back on that cross. Every time I follow God and avoid the sins of this world, I put my sin on that cross. My choice.

It ain't easy....and I'm not saying AT ALL that the only way to heaven is by good deeds and actions. I'm just saying that He would die over and over again for me and my sins and I get to chose how many times He has to do that.....for ME.

Turn off the music at the bottom of my blog and WATCH THIS VIDEO.


"A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." - John 19:29-30

1 comment:

Billy Coffey said...

"Every time I chose to go against God or make a choice that is for ME and not for HIM, I put Jesus back on that cross. Every time I follow God and avoid the sins of this world, I put my sin on that cross. My choice."

Those are powerful words, and very convicting.

This is a FANTASTIC post!!