I got tagged the other day by my friend Billy! As a kid I disliked that game very much. I was just too stinkin' slow to ever be not "it". BUT...this is a good kind of tag!
The rules are simple: list six random or weird facts about yourself, and then tag six others.
So, it took me awhile to figure out which six I should share....my life is mostly just random and weird so these things are normal to me! Here are my six:
1) At age 22, I got a tattoo. It's a purple rose on my inside left ankle. It's purple because that was my mom's favorite color and I didn't want her to freak when she saw it. Remember...I just said I was 22 when I got it. Who the heck cares what she thought! Oh, if I could do it all over again....I'd fo' sho have a big something or other plastered across my chest. JUST KIDDING! How, when and where I got my tattoo is another interesting story altogether....I'll save that for another post. And BTW....I do think tattoos on guys are sexy. Girls....not so much.
2) I was a HORRIBLE child from age 12 to about age 14. Horrible. So bad, in fact, that when my mother found out my first child was going to be a girl she laughed. Said that what you give comes back threefold. I have three daughters....and so far she is wrong! They are wonderfully NOT like me at that age. Thank ya Jesus!
3) In high school I worked at Wendy's. My boss loved me and I got away with everything. Mostly 'cuz I worked hard but I was his favorite regardless. On my last day of work before I moved away for college, he and some of my co-workers drug me back to the prep area and held me against the wall. He took the spray hose and DRENCHED me....never been that wet in my entire life. Ever. After my drenching they threw me in the trash bin. It was disgusting. All just to tell me they would miss me. :)
4) I have run 2 marathons, 2 half marathons, the Dam to Dam (20k) and several 5 and 10k's. I started running for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in 2005 as part of their Team in Training program. I raised nearly $10,000 for the Society and they in turn trained me to run marathons. Ran the Honolulu Marathon in December 2005 and Nashville Country Music Marathon in April 2007. This is probably one of the things that I am the most proud of about myself. Not easy to be a single parent, work full time and train to run a marathon, but I did it. And....I have the bug again. Training now to run the Dam to Dam again in June. Just gotta put one foot in front of the other and once you start you don't stop til you cross the finish line. Both good things to live by in running and in life.
5) Once taught a Frenchman to "high five". I was in France, Italy and Switzerland for 3 weeks right out of high school with my french class. Our bus driver spoke no English whatsoever but he was a total hoot. By the end of the trip he was "high fiving" everyone he saw. I'm sure it is a craze that swept up the country and all of France now high five's on a regular basis because of me. I'm just sure of it. :)
6) If I was to ever go crazy and become a nutso stalker, I'd park myself on Vince Vaughn's front step. He is just so stinkin' yummy. But since I'm not nutso and really have no desire to be nutso, Vince, baby, you are safe. I will adore you from afar. :)
So....TAG! You are IT to the following (only picking four):
My sweet friend Lorianne at Frisbies Forever
My sweet friend Mags at The Grinstead Family
My buddy Brad at Run...
My talented friend who inspires me Teri at Restless Peace
Thanks, Billy, for tagging me! :)
JC is my BFF....