Monday, January 12, 2009

Reflections on my blogger name....

My new friend Hope42Day has left a few comments so I checked out a post they wrote called "Reflections on my blogger name" which just told the story of why they chose Hope42Day. I thought that was a pretty cool idea so I decided to do the same.

One of my favorite verses and one that God has directed to me several times is Romans 8:30-32:

"And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all—how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?"

God showed me this verse when I was in a huge valley in my life and bad things were being said and believed about me by someone I trusted and loved. I was heartbroken and could not understand why these things were happening....why someone would say and truly believe this of me. Especially since it was far from the truth. When I read it, I saw that God had my back. That no matter what anyone else thought of me or said about me, God knew my true heart and believed in me. He gave His son for ME and IF GOD IS FOR ME WHO CAN BE AGAINST ME???

Whenever I have tough times or struggle with self esteem or worry, I just remind myself that God is for me. It has been brought to my attention that it is not correct to "change the verse to say me instead of us" and that I have it wrong. BUT LET ME ASSURE YOU. I don't. God gave me the OK. The green light. I got the nod from the Big Fella Himself to use it how I have. If I was a kid I'd be sticking my tounge out right now. :)

If you have a blog and are reading this, post a "Reflections on my blogger name" too. I'd love to know how you came up with your blog name!

JC is my BFF!

4 comments:

Frisbies Forever said...

I stick out my proverbial tongue too!Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, NAHHH_NAHHH. That wasn't nice was it? Oops!

Sockrma18 said...

God has my back and apparently so does my sweet friend Lorianne!!!! Love ya sista! ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post...the song 'God With Us' by MercyMe comes to mind...see youtube for the video. Meanwhile here are the lyrics...

'Who are we that You would be mindful of us what do You see that's worth looking our way we are
free in ways that we never should be sweet release from the grip of these chains like hinges
straining from the weight my heart no longer can keep from singing.

[chorus]
all that is within me cries for You alone be glorified Emmanuel God with us my heart sings a
brand new song the debt is paid these chains are gone Emmanuel God with us.

Lord You know our hearts don't deserve Your glory still You show a love we cannot afford like
hinges straining from the weight my heart no longer can keep from singing. [back to chorus]

Such a tiny offering compared to Calvary nevertheless way law it at your feet. [back to chorus]'

Peace and Blessings...

sharilyn said...

i think it delights God when we claim His Word for ourselves individually and personally...after all, He did die for each of us--individually and personally! good for you! and God for you! :)

i think your idea is great! thanks for sharing your blog name story... my blog name story is permanently on the right sidebar of my blog... check it out! :)