Friday, December 12, 2008

The song to be played....

So these last few years (all my life, really) music has been a big deal. I've laughed to it, cried to it, danced to it. I've listened to almost anything you can think of...especially these last few weeks. Just in the mood for some loud music to stir up my soul.

The other day at work, my friend Patti sends an email about the song that she would like to be played at her funeral and sends a video link so we can watch the video. I know. I was thinking the same thing you are....WHO THINKS ABOUT THIS STUFF? How morbid and sad and just weird to think about. BUT....her song was great. It was "Amazing Grace" played by bagpipes. Gave me goosebumps listening to it.

So since the seed was planted, I thought to myself, "Self....what would you want played at your funeral?" I laughed at some of the possibilities I came up with but I decided on this song. "I wanna go home" by Michael Buble.



I know....this song is about love and missing someone here on Earth, but it fits. It just does. When I die I will go back Home....and why not celebrate that fact? Because I have accepted Jesus as my Savior, I have my very own room in God's house waiting just for me. So....no worries....I'm fairly confident I have a few good years left but since none of us are guaranteed tomorrow, you all know what you'll hear when you walk in to say goodbye. :)

JC is my BFF....

No comments: