Friday, December 26, 2008

Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.

I read something the other day....something that has just stuck with me and I can't seem to shake.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.

It came from an unlikely source...a fellow blogger that I have never met but has changed me just by having read his blog. He posted about a person who left an anonymous comment to something else he had written. His response to this anonymous comment was many things including 1) insightful, 2) God-driven and 3) touching. Anyway, I thanked him for his insight and wanted him to know that his blog was a blessing to me. His words a God send. He said those words to me in response.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.

I'm not sure how God does it....uses perfectly good strangers to tell you what He wants you to know. Someone I would never cross paths with has spoken 6 words to me that God has been telling me for sometime....I just wasn't hearing Him so He found someone else to say them. A God-sized QTip to clean out my ears and HEAR Him.

I just looked up the meaning of breathe in the dictionary. I get the move on part. I'm pretty good at that. But breathing? I think I forget to do that most days (not literally....you know what I mean). It means all the obvious things like inhale, exhale, etc. But then this....

Breathe: to pause and rest before continuing.

Huh. Have I paused lately? Have I rested? Napped, yes, but rested? Rested in God's Word or paused to listen to His direction? I tell myself I have. I pray and ask God for guidance as I drive 80 miles an hour down the interstate. I read my Bible and search for answers to questions I have. I listen to the pastor at church and vow to have a good week seeking Him first. But....but. There is always a but. That's not what He wants from me. I can see that He is telling me to really pause. Take a breather. Certainly keep praying while driving and any other time of the day I feel the need but take special time with Him in the quiet and pray and listen. Really listen. THEN move on. Make good choices and decisions based on those intimate conversations when I am truly breathing.

So my new years resolution (I know, they rarely stick but this one will be different) will be to carve out some alone time with God.

Pause.

Rest.

....And move on.

JC is my BFF....

4 comments:

Carol said...

I am singing "Breath of Heaven" Sunday. I was so moved on Christmas Eve, I hope I can make it through without a breakdown! Carol at Choose Joy

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Wow. What a powerful thought. I, too, read Billy's post, even before reading your blog post here, but now I see it in a whole new light. What a lovely way of interpreting this and applying it to life. I've been blessed tonight. You blessed me!

Billy Coffey said...

Wow, this is sooo good. You humble me.

krissy knox said...

Thanks. Now I know it wasn't a coincidence I found you. You are my stranger today that I met to profoundly effect me along the way. I found you through Christian Womens' Blog. I am so astouned with those six little words I want to cry. "Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on." Now I am going to cry. I've got to stick this quote up on my wall. Oh ya, and I'm going to go stick it up on Twitter! If you use Twitter at all, please consider adding me. Thanks! Oh, I also need to steal JC is my BFF. Love it!

Okay, love you in Jesus,

krissy knox :)
visit my main blog: Sometimes I Think
Hey Jlanders! Please post your blogs in the Directory of Blogs: from jland to blogger
follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/iamkrissy