Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It occurred to me....

In a rather low-key way, it occurred to me that God really does know what He's doing.

I know. That sounds so silly, but really. He DOES.

In reflecting back over the last three years I can name many things I've asked God for over and over again. ad nauseam. Financial stability, job security, a good man, the girls to grow up happy and successful, direction on my business and on and on.

I've beat my head against the wall feeling like He wasn't there. Like He wasn't listening. Like He didn't care.

It's in the reflection of the last three years that I truly see His work. I see how when I lost a great job, HE provided. I see how when my account was below zero, HE provided. I see how when a bad relationship tore my self-esteem to shreds, HE spoke to me in love. I see how when my girls had choices to make and faced hurtful things, HE spoke to them in love. I see how when I was ready to quit trying to start a business, HE pushed me on.

He knew what He was doing.

It's frustrating more often than not to have to wait and see where God is sending me. I have a feeling you are like me.....I'll go through ANYTHING if I just know the outcome. And that's not possible....only God knows.

I've learned so much and some days struggle to fully grasp how far I've come. A sinner saved by grace. I wish everyday I could think as clearly as I am today, but I know that the fog that falls over my eyes is only temporary. I can lift that fog if I just keep reflecting while moving forward towards God's next goal for me.

I pray that you, too, can look back and see how God has worked in your life. He's there. You just gotta look.

2 comments:

Frisbies Forever said...

YEP!! You are a smart one!:)

Lisa said...

I love those moments of clarity when you can see the handprints of God all over your life. They are there every day, if we will just look for them.
Blessings ~ Lisa